Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cynthia Says

This morning I went to a workshop. It is about to make web site accessible to people with disabilitty.The presentor was Cynthia of http://www.cynthiasays.com/, looks like a very famous person in this area.

I have worked on the topic a little already. My boss asked me to go through the W3C standard and do a summary.It is about stop using <table> to layout the page, or put the labels properly to all input fields of your form etc.

So not many new things came out today’s session. Still, I picked up these interesting from the Q&A session.

PDF is a image, not readable by screen readers.
There are some improvement made by Adobe recently but it is still basically a snapshot image of a document.This is really new to me. I was thinking that it is more like PostsScript than snapshot.

As you may have heard, the Captcha technique is becoming an issue in this context. Our site uses it too.
Today, she presented a couple of possible solutions to it, which include to have audio file next to it. Sounds cool to me.

No comments: