Monday, May 12, 2008

Feature for an ASP.NET application

This is first post of the “ASP.NET application integration into a Sharepoint publishing portal” series.

Unlike the way I deployed my CreatePage.aspx-like page (see
http://murmurofawebmaster.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-have-something-like.html), this time I prepare a Feature for this.

The main difference (to me, at least for the moment) is the masterpage.
With this ASP.NET app, I want to have the masterpage I prepared for my internet facing site. Therefore, it i.e. the aspx page of the app is provisioned through the Feature to the site. If it sits in the LAUOUTS folder, not provisioned into a site, it does not have the masterpage defined for the site.

I did:
1. Created an assembly implementing the code behind class as well as other helper classes. This goes to the Bin folder of the portal.
2. The aspx now inherits a class in the assembly.
3. A Feature to provision, instanciate the aspx to the site, when the Feature is activated.

No comments: