Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Variations stopped

I suddenly realized that the Variations has stopped copying sites and pages from the source to the targets. No recent entries in the log…
Looked into the timer job status and difinition to find that nothing for this particular web application.

I stopped it once intentionally. Unchecked the “Automatic Creation” option. Then I was believing that I had started it again by checking it back.

Found this blog entry http://www.objectsharp.com/cs/blogs/max/archive/2008/02/25/missing-timer-job-definitions-after-sharepoint-move.aspx.
Although what triggerred it is different, the situation is the same. The jobs have disappearred.

I created a “cheating” publishing site collection in the web application in question. The jobs are back. Variations started again.


No comments: